The Heart Foundation fund life-saving heart research and work to improve heart disease prevention and care for all Australians.
More than 620,000 Australians are living with heart disease and each year approximately 54,000 Australians suffer a heart attack.
The Heart Foundation is dedicated to making a real difference to the heart health of Australians. Every day, our work includes:
- funding world-class cardiovascular research
- guiding health professionals on preventing and treating heart disease
- educating Australians about making healthy choices
- supporting people living with heart conditions
- advocating to government and industry to improve heart health in Australia.
The Heart Foundation want to make it easier for Australians to lead heart-healthy lives. We help to create environments with healthy options and give people information and support to enable them to look after their heart health.
Their focus is on a healthier food supply, more active living and a smoke-free Australia.
The Heart Foundation strategy is underpinned by five pillars: prevention, support and care, research, strengthening our organisation and our people.
It shapes the way we reduce the impact of risk factors and how we support Australians affected by heart disease.